This is so delicious! My mom makes this recipe a lot, because we always request it. It is really easy to make and it tastes so good! If you like Chinese food and stir fry you will enjoy this! This recipe came from all recipes. Enjoy!
1 lb flank steak, pounded and cut into strips
1 T canola oil
1 1/2 tsp sesame oil
1/4 cup chopped ginger
3 gloves garlic, minced
4 green onions, chopped
1 red pepper, sliced or green peppers
3 T soya sauce
2 T cooking wine or apple juice
2 T rice or white vinegar
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 T cornstarch
chili flakes to taste
1. Saute steak in canola and sesame oil with ginger and garlic. Barely brown both sides of the meat.
2. Add onions and red pepper. Cook for 2 minutes
3. Add sugar, stir constantly and allow to caramelize for a few seconds
4. Combine soya sauce, wine, vinegar, cornstarch and chilli flakes. Add to stir-fry
5. Bring mixture to a boil and serve over rice
I add sugar snap peas as well to it when cooking the onions and red peppers. It makes it better! Yum!